- Visits must be booked 3 working days in advance
- A maximum of 3 visitors over 10 years old can attend a visit
- You must be over 18 years old to book a visit or to visit a prisoner by yourself
- All visitors must provide identification
- All visitors must fill in a Visitor Confirmation slip on arrival at the Visitors’ Centre
You can also book your visit online at http://www.gov.uk/prison-visits
It may take up to 3 working days to confirm your visit.
Booking by Telephone
If you are unable to book online , you can call the HMP Leeds Booking Office at 0113 203 2995 on weekdays from 1pm to 3pm. Our phone line can become very busy and so we ask for your patience and co-operation.
Booking in Person
You can book your visit in person at HMP Leeds between 8;30am to 12:30am and 1:30pm to 4pm. Directions can be found here.
Mondays Wednesdays Thursdays and Fridays
Please note if your visit has already started and there is minimum time left till the visit is due to finish you maybe refused entry.
There are no visits Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day and Good Friday.
The prison runs an Incentives and Earned Privileges (IEP) scheme which grants prisoners who actively work towards their own rehabilitation with privileges such as:
- The work they can do
- The property they can have
- How much money they can spend at the canteen
- The number of visits that they are allowed
There are three privilege levels for prisoners – Basic, Standard and Enhanced. All prisoners start off on Basic privileges and can progress towards higher levels.
Convicted Visits Entitlement
|Level||Total Visits (Per 28 days)|
Remand Visits Entitlement
|Level||Total Visits (Per 7 days)|
|Basic||3 Visits (30 minutes maximum)|
Cancelling Your Visit
You can cancel your visit in the same way that your visit was booked. If you require further information on how to cancel a visit call Jigsaw Visitors Centre 0113 203 2771